This office uses and discloses your protected healthcare information (PHI) for the following reasons:
- To submit to insurance companies, Workers’ Compensation, or other Third Party
- Administrators claim information to verify treatment has been rendered.
- To determine patient’s benefits in a healthcare plan.
- Releasing information required by State of Federal Public Health Law.
- To assist in overcoming a language barrier when caring for a patient.
- Business associates providing written assurances for your privacy have been attained.
- Emergency situations.
- Abuse, neglect, or domestic violence.
- Appointment reminders to household members or answering machines.
- Sign-in logs may be disclosed to verify office visits.
- Any other uses or disclosures will only be made with your specific written prior authorization.
You have the right to:
- Revoke authorization, in writing, at any time by specifying what you want restricted and to whom you want it restricted.
- Speak to our privacy officer, Maleta Dunne who can be reached at (941) 907-3400 regarding privacy issues.
- Inspect, copy, and amend your protected health information and amend it as allowed by law.
- Obtain an accounting of disclosures of your protected health information.
- To render a complaint to our privacy officer or the Secretary of Health & Human Services.
- This office reserves the right to change the terms of this notice and to make new notice provisions for all protected health information that it maintains.
- Patients may also get an updated copy of our policy, upon request, at any time simply by requesting it from a staff member.